In case of a tie between two teams, the closest answer wins!
1. Including the antenna on the top, how many metres tall is the Eiffel Tower?
2. How many minutes long is the total running time of the 1972 film’The Godfather’?
3. On what date was the first UK premium bond purchased?
1st November 1956
4. How many words are there in Herman Melville’s book ‘Moby Dick’?
5. How many miles, as the crow flies, is it from London to New York?
6. How long, in days, hours, minutes and seconds, was the total duration of the successful Apollo 11 mission which landed on the moon in 1969?
8 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes and 35 seconds (See source here)
7. How many words are there in the King James Bible?
783, 137 (See source here)
8. On which date was the first ever episode of the Channel 4 word quiz ‘Countdown’ broadcast?
Tuesday 2nd November 1982
9. How long, in miles, is the River Thames?
10. How many times does the word ‘blood’ appear in Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’?
11. In the 2010 General Election, how many people voted for the Conservative Party?
10, 706, 647
12. How many metres high is Mount Snowdon?
13. In the 2012 London Olympics, Russian Ivan Ukhov won gold in the men’s high jump – with a jump of what height?
14. The first even Tesco store was opened in Burnt Oak, Middlesex – in which year?
15. According to the Guinness Book of Records, the lady holding the record for the largest natural breasts has an around chest-over-nipple measurement of how many centimetres?
16. Sultan Kösen is the world’s tallest living man – how tall is he?
8ft 3 inches / 251 cm
17. How many full-time undergraduate students were at Cambridge University in the year 2012/2013?
18. How much was the average price of a Greater London house, for sales between October and December 2012?
£445,651 (Source: Land Registry of England and Wales, Crown copyright)
19. As of 16th March 2013, how many Sainsbury stores were there?
1,016 (Source: Sainsbury store portfolio – link here)
20. How many people survived the sinking of RMS Titanic?
706 (492 passengers and 214 crew)