Quiz 148 – Round 3 – 80s Music
80s Music Quiz Questions
1. Which band released 80s albums entitled ‘Speak & Spell’, ‘Black Celebration’ and ‘Music for the Masses’?
2. “Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by.” These are lyrics from which 1983 hit?
Total Eclipse of the Heart – Bonnie Tyler
3. Which singer and songwriter was born Michael Barratt in 1948?
4. Name two of the three original members of Bananarama.
Two of: Sara Dallin, Siobhan Fahey and Keren Woodward
5. What was the name of Michael Jackson’s first solo UK number one hit?
One Day in Your Life
6. Which Australian singer-songwriter had a hit in 1987 with the song ‘Suddenly’, made famous because it was used as the soundtrack for Scott and Charlene’s wedding in ‘Neighbours’?
7. Which Scottish band had a 1985 hit with ‘Don’t You (Forget About Me)’?
8. Name both members of the ‘Pet Shop Boys’.
Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe
9. “I love you though you hurt me so, now I’m gonna pack my things and go.” From which successful 1981 cover version do these lyrics come from?
Tainted Love – Soft Cell (Originally recorded by Gloria Jones in 1964)
10. The satirical comedy show ‘Spitting Image’ had a UK number one hit in 1986 – What was it called?
The Chicken Song