Quiz 67 – Round 3 – The 2010s….so far!
1. On March 13th 2013, Pope Francis was elected – from which country does he come?
2. Who became King of Spain on 19th June 2014, after the abdication of his father, King Juan Carlos I?
3. In which year did Margaret Thatcher die?
2013 (April 8th)
4. Which X Factor winner was number one in the UK at the very beginning of 2010?
Joe McElderry (The Climb)
5. What was the worldwide highest grossing film of 2014?
Transformers: Age of Extinction
6. Which discount supermarket chain sold all of its UK stores to Asda in 2010, in a £778 million deal?
7. In which year did the News of the World cease publication?
2011 (10th July)
8. Name the Conservative MP at the centre of the 2012 ‘Plebgate’ scandal.
9. How many gold medals did team GB win at the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014?
One (Lizzy Yarnold, Skeleton)
10. In which month and year did the Scottish Independence Referendum take place?