Sports Trivia – Pub Quiz Questions and Answers on the topic of sport
1. Which country came top of the medal table in the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro?
United States (Great Britain came 2nd)
2. Which country came top of the medal table in the 2018 Winter Olympic Games held in PyeongChang, South Korea?
3. Which Brazilian-born footballer transferred from Italian club Roma to Chelsea in January 2018 for a reported fee of £17.6 million?
4. ‘Checkout’, ‘oche’ (pronounced ‘ockey’) and ‘Robin Hood’ are terms used in which sport?
Darts (‘Checkout’ is the number needed to complete a game, ‘oche’ is the line players stand behind and ‘Robin Hood’ is throwing one dart into the shaft of another)
5. In which English city was Gary Lineker born?
6. How many players are there on a water polo team?
7. Which British skeleton racer won two consecutive gold medals in the 2014 and 2018 Winter Olympics?
8. In which year did Venus Williams win her first Wimbledon singles title?
9. What colour karate belt is a beginner required to wear in the majority of schools?
10. What term is used for scoring one over par on a hole in golf?
To download the sports trivia quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, with printed questions plus spaces for contestant answers, please click on the grey box below: