Quiz 106 – Round 2 – Radio
1. ‘Desert Island Discs’ has had four regular hosts since it began in 1942. Can you name three of them?
Three of: Roy Plomley (1942-1985), Michael Parkinson (1985-1988), Sue Lawley (1988-2006) and Kirsty Young (2006 – present)
2. Which classic radio comedy had a main character who lived at the dilapidated 23 Railway Cuttings in East Cheam?
Hancock’s Half Hour
3. What is the name of the BBC Radio 2 pop quiz hosted by Ken Bruce at around 10:30 each weekday morning?
4. Chris Moore was the first voice to be heard on which radio station in 1964?
5. Name five people who have regularly hosted the BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show.
Five of: Tony Blackburn, Noel Edmonds, Dave Lee Travis, Mike Read, Mike Smith, Simon Mayo, Mark Goodier, Steve Wright, Chris Evans, Mark and Lard, Kevin Greening, Zoe Ball, Sara Cox, Chris Moyles and Nick Grimshaw
6. Which of the stars of ‘The Goon Show’ voiced the characters of Eccles, Minnie Bannister and Count Jim Moriarty?
7. Which children’s radio programme is famous for the phrase “Are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin.”
Listen With Mother
8. The radio station which was originally launched under the name “Virgin 1215” was rebranded in 2008. What is it now called?
9. Which breakfast-time radio presenter nicknamed himself “The Hairy Cornflake”?
Dave Lee Travis
10. On which digital-only radio station which was launched in 2002 can you regularly hear shows presented by Stuart Maconie, Mary Anne Hobbs, Steve Lamacq and Cerys Matthews?
BBC Radio 6 Music