Quiz 50 – Round 4 – TV and Film
This round is all about UK television quiz shows.
1. Which BBC quiz show started in 2014 and was hosted by Mark Williams, famous for playing Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter film series?
2. Which of the quiz stars of ‘The Chase’ is often referred to by Bradley Walsh as ‘Frosty Knickers’?
3. Who was the original host of ‘Catchphrase’?
4. ‘Bullseye’ was famously hosted by Jim Bowen, but which sports commentator became announcer and referee in 1982?
5. In which year was ‘Deal or No Deal’ first broadcast?
6. Who first took over as full-time presenter of ‘Countdown’ after the death of Richard Whiteley?
7. Can you name the two long-time team captains on ‘Have I Got New for You’?
Ian Hislop and Paul Merton
8. Willie Carson, Emlyn Hughes and Ian Botham were all team ‘B’ captains on ‘A Question of Sport’ between 1982 and 1996 – who held the post of Team ‘A’ captain during all this time?
9. Which ITV quiz show, new to our screens in 2014, was hosted by Andi Peters and involved contestants being seated on an armchair on a track which could tip them backwards?
10. Henry Kelly famously hosted ‘Going for Gold’ on BBC1, but the show was briefly revived and aired on Channel 5 in 2008 – who was the regular host of this version?