Monarchs Quiz – In this round contestants are given the names of both parents plus the date of the coronation of a monarch. Which monarch is being described?
1. Son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, he was crowned on 9th August 1902.
2. Daughter of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon, she was crowned on 1st October 1553.
3. Son of James VI of Scotland and I of England and Anne of Denmark, he was crowned on 2nd February 1626.
4. Son of George V and Mary of Teck, he was never crowned.
5. Daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, she was crowned on 15th January 1559.
6. Son of Edward I and Eleanor, Countess of Ponthieu, he was crowned on 25th February 1308.
7. Son of Richard, 3rd Duke of York and Cecily Neville, he was crowned on 6th July 1484.
8. Daughter of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn and Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, she was crowned on 28th June 1838.
9. Son of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine, he was crowned on 3rd September 1189.
Richard I (Richard the Lionheart)
10. Son of Henry VII and Elizabeth of York, he was crowned on 24th June 1509.
To download our ‘Monarchs Quiz’ as a PDF contestant question paper, with printed questions plus spaces for contestant answers, please click on the grey box below: