Quiz 159 – Round 5 – Geography
1. Apart from the United Kingdom, name two other European countries where residents drive on the left.
Two of: Republic of Ireland, Malta or Cyprus
2. What is the capital of the US state of Alaska?
3. Which is the further distance as the crow flies: from London to New York or from London to St. Petersburg?
New York (to New York = 3461 miles, to St. Petersburg= 1305 miles
4. What is the name of the second highest mountain the United Kingdom after Ben Nevis?
Ben Macdui (in the Cairgorms National Park)
5. Which English city did poet Matthew Arnold describe as ‘the city of dreaming spires’?
6. In which UK city would you find Waverley station?
7. What is the national currency of Peru?
8. In which English county would you find Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens?
9. Name two of the three US states which border California.
Two of: Oregon, Nevada and Arizona (also borders the Mexican state of Baja California to the south)
10. Which is the taller structure: the Empire State Building or Trump International Hotel and Tower?
Trump International Hotel and Tower (in Chicago is 423.2m, the Empire State Building is 381m)