Quiz 107 – Round 5 – Food and Drink
1. Wine of which colour is produced from the Gorgollasa grape?
Red (Indigenous to Mallorca)
2. A Bombay duck is not a duck at all – what is it?
3. What are the two main ingredients you would find in the Indian dish ‘saag aloo’?
Spinach and potato
4. Which unappealingly-named cocktail consists of peach schnapps and orange juice?
5. Lambert, Balaton and Rainier are three types of which fruit?
6. ‘Afore ye go’ is an advertising slogan that has been used since 1925 by which brand of alcohol?
7. Who is the richest celebrity chef in the world, worth over £240 million?
8. Which ingredient constitutes the main difference between white pudding and black pudding?
Blood (Usually pork blood which is omitted in white pudding)
9. Which type of rice is primarily used as the main ingredient of a risotto?
10. Is the classic Scottish ‘clootie dumpling’ a savoury or sweet speciality?
Sweet (A rich fruit pudding)