St. Patrick’s Day Quiz – Round 2 – Famous Irish People
Can you identify the following famous Irish people from the descriptions given?
1. Born in Foxrock, Dublin in 1906, this novelist, playwright, theatre director and poet lived in Paris for most of his adult life and wrote in both English and French.
2. Born in Limerick in 1930, this man was an actor, singer, songwriter, producer, director and writer. One of his starring roles was as King Arthur in the 1967 film ‘Camelot’.
3. Born in County Mayo in 1944, this lady was the first female president of Ireland.
4. Born in Waterford in 1946, this singer-songwriter had hits with ‘Alone Again (Naturally)’ and ‘Clair’.
5. Born in Holywood, near Belfast, in 1989, this professional golfer won three majors before the age of 25.
6. Born in Ballymena, County Antrim, in 1952, this hugely successful film actor’s roles include Oskar Schindler in ‘Schindler’s List’.
7. Born in Dublin in 1667, this satirist is mostly remembered for his 1726 work ‘Gulliver’s Travels’.
8. Born in Holywood in 1982, this actor’s roles have included Paul Spector in ‘The Fall’ and Christian Grey in the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’.
9. Born in Dublin in 1854, this once hugely successful novelist and playwright died destitute in Paris at the age of 46 after being sentenced to two years of hard labour.
10. Born in Dublin in 1919, this writer and philosopher’s first novel was entitled ‘Under the Net’. She was awarded a DBE in 1987.
To download the ‘Famous Irish People’ quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, with questions only and spaces for contestant answers, please click on the link below: