1. Which English Romanticist landscape painter was born in Covent Garden in 1775?
2. Which Italian writer published ‘The Adventures of Pinocchio’ in 1883?
3. Which Italian sculptor’s works include ‘Apollo and Daphne’, ‘Ecstasy of Saint Teresa’, ‘The Rape of Proserpina’ and ‘Neptune and Triton’?
Gian Lorenzo Bernini
4. Which Argentine-American architect designed the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, the World Financial Centre in New York City, One Canada Square in Canary Wharf, London and Carnegie Hall Tower in New York City?
5. Which English crime writer created the detectives Dalziel and Pascoe, upon whom a BBC TV series of the same name was later based?
6. Which American statesman and retired four-star general of the United States army released a 1995 autobiography entitled ‘My American Journey’?
7. Which partnership created the comic operas ‘HMS Pinafore’ and ‘The Pirates of Penzance’?
Gilbert and Sullivan
8. Which of the Brontë sisters wrote ‘The Tenant of Wildfell Hall?
9. What is the pen name by which the writer Charles Lutwidge Dodgson is better known?
10. A ‘Haiku’ is a traditional Japanese poem consisting of how many syllables?
To download the Art and Literature pub quiz as a PDF question paper, please click on the grey box below: