1. Which of the world’s continents has the largest population?
2. The Nile is famously the longest river in the world but which is the second longest?
3. Of which country is Freetown the capital city?
4. What is the national currency of Hungary?
5. Just as a British car uses ‘GB’, which letters denote a vehicle registration plate from Gibraltar?
6. Which country borders Russia, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova?
7. The UK shipping forecast uses distinctive names for the seas surrounding the British Isles – how many of these ‘sea areas’ are there?
8. Mount Everest is named the world’s highest mountain, as its peak is the highest above sea level – but what is the name of the island mountain which could be considered the ‘tallest’ in the world if measured from the bottom of the sea bed to its peak?
Mauna Kea (in Hawaii)
9. Which is the largest of the Canary Islands?
10. What is the national sport of Wales?