1. Who was the oldest person to assume office as the President of the United States?
2. Which British monarch was on the throne during the time of the First Boer War?
3. Who was the first leader of the Soviet Union?
4. The ‘Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis’ was an agreement marking the end of a 65-year struggle between France and Spain for the control of which country?
5. Which mausoleum was commissioned by the fifth Mughal Emperor of India, Shah Jahan, to house the tomb of his wife, Mumtaz Mahal?
6. What was the name of the series of conflicts fought in Central Europe between 1618 and 1648?
Thirty Years War
7. To which royal house did William I and William II belong?
House of Normandy
8. Who commissioned the Arc de Triomphe?
9. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865 in Ford’s Theatre in which U.S. city?
10. Which U.S. naval base was attacked by the Imperial Japanese Navy on December 7th 1941?
To download the history quiz as a contestant question paper, with printed questions and spaces for contestants to fill in their answers, please click on the grey box below: