1. Who won the 2014 Turner Prize for his video work entitled ‘It for Others’?
2. Who created the character of Inspector George Gently, upon whom a BBC TV series was later based?
3. What was the title of Jeffrey Archer’s first published novel?
Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less
4. In Douglas Adams’s ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’, what was the birth name of Trillian Astra,a mathematician and astrophysicist who left the Earth with Zaphod Beeblebrox?
Tricia (Marie) McMillan
5. Which is the eldest of the Bennet sisters in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice?
6. What nationality was painter Frans Hals, famous for many paintings including his portrait of Tieleman Roosteman, also known as ‘The Laughing Cavalier’?
7. Which former Prime Minister wrote an autobiography released in 2010 and entitled ‘A Journey’?
8. Which famous crime writer also wrote novels under the pseudonym Barbara Vine?
9. Who is quoted as saying “People love mystery, that is why they love my paintings”?
10. Which novel begins “Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed”?
Ulysses – James Joyce
To download the Art and Literature pub quiz as a PDF question paper, please click on the grey box below.