1. Brimstone is another name for which chemical element?
2. What can be ‘monopole’, ‘dipole’ or ‘helical’?
3. Of what is ‘dendrology’ the study?
Trees (and shrubs – wooded plants in general)
4. Which organ of the body is affected by Bright’s disease?
5. In terms of weather, what is the name for an area of high atmospheric pressure where the air is sinking?
6. What chemical element is the first (lowest value) in the periodic table whose name does not begin with the same letter as its formula?
7. An orchiectomy or orchidectomy is a surgical procedure to remove what?
8. Unused glucose in the human body is converted into glycogen and stored in which organ?
9. Which principle of physics states that the extension or compression of a spring is directly proportional to the force applied to it?
10. What is the name for a U-shaped body of water that forms when a wide meander from a river is cut of and becomes separate?
To download the Science and Nature quiz as a contestant question paper, please click on the grey box below: