1. What does an entomologist study?
2. Which UK railway station has the most platforms?
3. The NSDAP was a political party active between 1920 and 1945 – how is the party commonly referred to in English?
Nazi party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei)
4. ‘Take My Breath Away’ was a 1986 hit and the theme tune for the film ‘Top Gun’ – what was the name of the band who recorded it?
5. By which term is Hansen’s disease also known?
6. What can be measured using a fathometer?
Water depth (using ultrasound waves)
7. Which British monarch was famously imprisoned at Carisbrooke Castle on the Isle of Wight?
8. Which artist produced the cover artwork for ‘The Velvet Underground and Nico’ and their album of the same name?
9. Which Greek goddess was both wife and sister of Zeus?
10. Ian McKellen, Benedict Cumberbatch, Robert Downey Jr., Peter Cushing and Basil Rathbone have all played which fictional character on screen?
To download the General Knowledge quiz questions as a PDF question paper for contestants, please click on the link below: