1. Marcus Bentley’s voice is most famous for what?
Big Brother (He is the man with the strong Geordie accent famous for “Day one…”)
2. Which is the only other country in mainland Europe to be in the same time zone as the British Isles?
3. What is the name of the ‘University Challenge’ theme tune?
4. HM Prison Altcourse is to be found in a suburb of which British city?
5. In the Bible, who was the father of Jacob and Esau?
6. Which 1960s television series starred Robert Wagner as burglar Alexander Mundy, who works for the U.S. government in return for his release from prison?
It Takes a Thief
7. Name three of the six African countries through which the equator passes.
Three of: Gabon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Uganda, Kenya and Somalia
8. On which UK banknote does Charles Darwin appear?
9. Who were the three long-term presenters of UK TV quiz show ‘Blankety Blank’?
Terry Wogan, Les Dawson and Paul O’Grady (as Lily Savage)
10. Who is the wife of UK footballer Peter Crouch?
General Knowledge Question Paper: