1. How many monarchs have ruled the UK under the House of Windsor?
Four (Queen Elizabeth II, King George V, King George VI and King Edward VIII)
2.Which U.S. volcano erupted unexpectedly in 1980, causing huge damage and loss of life?
Mount St. Helens
3. Which Wild West outlaw was shot by Robert Ford?
4. Who was named Lord High Admiral in 1585 and was commander of the English forces during the battles against the Spanish Armada?
Charles Howard, 1st Earl of Nottingham (known as Howard of Effingham)
5. What did a group of four Scottish students remove from Westminster Abbey on Christmas Day in 1950?
The Stone of Scone
6. Which future President of the United States married Grace Anna Goodhue in 1905?
7. In which century was Ivan the Terrible Tsar of Russia?
8. Who was the last King of France?
9. What was the name of the British ship commanded by James Cook on his first voyage to Australia and New Zealand?
10. Which Japanese city was the first to be destroyed by an atomic bomb?