1. Which religion was founded by Prince Gautama Siddhartha?
2. Who famously uttered the words “Doctor Livingstone I presume”?
Henry Morton Stanley
3. Which country elected the first female Prime Minister, in 1960?
Sri Lanka (Called Ceylon at the time)
4. What was the name of the Russian Navy submarine which sank in the Barents Sea on 12th August 2000, along with all 118 of its sailors?
5. The American Declaration of Independence was signed on July 4th – but in which year?
6. Which major European conflict was fought between the years of 1936 and 1939?
The Spanish Civil War
7. Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a charter aboard the HMS Prince of Wales in 1941. What was it called?
The Atlantic Charter
8. The Titanic was built in which city?
9. Which two of Henry VIII’s six wives outlived him?
Anne of Cleves (4th wife, divorced) and Catherine Parr (6th wife)
10. King Zog ruled which country?