1. In which country was Princess Elizabeth when she learned of the death of her father, George VI?
2. Which English rock band were formed in Wigan in 1990 and had hits with ‘Bitter Sweet Symphony’ and The Drugs Don’t Work?
3. Which country is due to host the 2018 Winter Olympic Games?
4. Which orchestral musical piece by the British composer Eric Coates forms the theme tune to Desert Island Discs on Radio 4?
By the Sleepy Lagoon
5. Which King of England succeeded Elizabeth I?
6. Which trees form the natural diet of the silkworm?
7. In which country is ‘Corona’ lager produced?
8. ‘Mimas’ is a moon orbiting which planet in our solar system?
9. Who had a 1958 hit with ‘Summertime Blues’?
10. Humans carry more bacterial cells than they do human ones – true or false?
True (Approximately ten times as many)