Quiz 74 – Round 2 – Science and Nature
1. What is the fastest bird on Earth?
2. In which part of the body will you find the ‘malleolus’?
Ankle (bony protrusion on each side of the ankle)
3. What is the freezing point of water on the Fahrenheit scale?
4. The alpine ibex is a member of which species of animal?
5. Which chemical element has the symbol ‘Se’?
6. To the nearest day, how many days does it take for the moon to orbit the Earth?
27 days (27 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes and 11.6 seconds)
7. In physics, what is defined as ‘the energy a body has by virtue of being in motion’?
8. The nephrology department of a hospital would deal with medical issues concerning which specific part of the body?
9. Is mercury a liquid, a solid or a gas at room temperature?
10. What substance is known as the ‘universal solvent’?
To download a quiz sheet, with questions only plus gaps for answers, please click on the grey box below.