1. Of which American state is Lansing the capital?
2. Who won the 2014 series of Britain’s Got Talent?
3. Which actor played Jeffrey Fairbrother in the original Hi-de-Hi?
4. Who was the Roman god of death, or the dead?
5. Which is the highest mountain in Ireland?
6. How many game pieces are there on a board in the beginning of a game of British draughts?
24 (12 per side)
7. How many presidents of the United States were there before Barack Obama?
8. Which cocktail consists of equal parts of brandy or Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice?
9. What, in Ireland, are the ‘Jacob’s awards’?
The Irish television and radio awards
10. What is a ‘howdah’?
A seat on the back of an elephant, or sometimes a camel or other animal, which is used to carry people