Quiz 64 – Round 2 – Eurovision
1. In which country will the Eurovision Song Contest be held in May 2015?
2. Who was the last act to win the contest for the UK?
Katrina and the Waves (1997)
3. Israel won the contest in 1998 with the controversial ‘Dana International’ – what was the name of the song?
4. In which year was the first ever Eurovision Song Contest?
5. And how many countries competed in this first ever competition?
7 (Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, West Germany, France, Luxembourg and Italy)
6. Who sang the first ever UK entry to the contest?
7. Celine Dion won the Eurovision in 1988 – for which country?
8. In 2008, Ireland’s entry was ‘Irelande Douze Pointe’ and was ‘sung’ by a puppet – what type of animal was he?
A turkey (Dustin the Turkey)
9. Which African country took part in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1980?
10. Which city hosted Eurovision in 2014?
To download a quiz sheet, with questions only plus gaps for answers, please click on the grey box below.