This quiz is all about British history.
1.Which English king was defeated at the Battle of Hastings?
2. Who was the first woman to be elected as an MP and take a seat in UK Parliament?
Viscountess Nancy Astor (Although Constance Markievicz was elected MP beforehand, she never took her seat.)
3. What is the name of the Buckinghamshire site which housed personnel from the Government Code and Cypher School during World War II?
4. Queen Elizabeth II is famously the longest reigning monarch of the UK, followed by Queen Victoria – but who is third?
George III (59 years, 96 days)
5. In which battle was Nelson fatally wounded?
Battle of Trafalgar
6. In which year did colour television transmissions start in the UK?
7. Which king was killed at the Battle of Bosworth Field?
8. Which famous Scottish battle took place in 1297, when Andrew de Moray and William Wallace defeated English forces?
Battle of Stirling Bridge
9. The ‘Yorkshire Ripper’ was the nickname of which British serial killer?
10. How many British monarchs were Emperors/Empresses of India?
5 (Victoria, Edward VII, George V, Edward VIII and George VI)