1. The pH scale measuring acidity and alkalinity runs from zero to which number?
2. In the human body, what is the more common term for the patella?
3. What is the boiling point of water in degrees Fahrenheit (at sea level)?
4. Which chemical element is symbolised by a single letter ‘B’?
5. The most common element in the Earth’s atmosphere is Nitrogen and the second most common element is Oxygen – but what is third?
6. In order for the human body to maintain a constant blood-glucose level it relies on two hormones produced in the pancreas with opposite actions. One is insulin, what is the other?
7. Which planet in our solar system has the most moons?
Jupiter (at least 67, although more are likely to be discovered)
8. Rickets is a disease which causes the bones in the body to become soft. It is caused by a deficiency of calcium and/or which vitamin?
9. The three types of rock are igneous, metamorphic and which other?
10. Which type of tree produces conkers?