1. What is the formula 2πR for? (π is the symbol for ‘pi’)
The circumference of a circle
2. What is missing out of the trio. Sine, Cosine and…?
3. If it takes 3 men 2 hours to dig a hole, how long will it theoretically take one man?
4. Whose theorem states that ‘a square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides?
5. What is two cubed?
6. If a bag of 30 sweets weighs 20g, how many sweets would weigh 1kg?
7. What is the next number in the series; 1, 4, 9, 16, …?
25 (1 squared is 1, 2 squared is 4, 3 squared is 9, 4 squared is 16 and 5 squared is 25)
8. How many faces does a cube have?
9. The roman numeral XXIV is how many?
10. How many faces does a dodecahedron have?
To download the maths quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, with questions but spaces for contestant answers, please click on the link below: