1. Apart from ‘Psalms’, which is the only other book of the Old Testament that begins with a ‘P’?
2. Who wrote ‘Little Women’?
Louisa May Alcott
3. In Lewis Carroll’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’, which creature was used as the ball in the game of croquet?
4. How many paintings did Van Gogh sell during his lifetime?
5. Who wrote the award-winning fantasy novel, ‘Life of Pi’?
6. Who created the famous sculpture ‘The Thinker’?
7. Who wrote the poem ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade’?
Alfred Lord Tennyson
8. ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’ was the first book published in the series of ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ by C.S. Lewis. What was the name of the last?
The Last Battle
9. How many lines are there in a limerick?
10. Which children’s writer created the characters ‘The Saucepan Man’, ‘Dame Washalot’ and ‘Moonface’?
Enid Blyton (In ‘The Faraway Tree’ series)
To download a quiz sheet, with questions only plus gaps for answers, please click on the grey box below.