Quiz 45 – Round 3 – Cartoons
1. Which actress provides the voice of Meg Griffin in Family Guy?
2. Which musical piece by Modest Mussorgsky features in Disney’s animated film ‘Fantasia’, accompanied by images of the demon ‘Chernabog’ summoning evil spirits from their graves?
Night on Bald Mountain
3. In the Flintstones, what decoration does the baby Pebbles wear in her hair?
4. Matt Groening found fame with ‘The Simpsons’ – but which other animated television series did he create?
5. ‘Mammy Two Shoes’ was a character whose head was only once seen on screen – which two characters did she tend to have to clear up after?
Tom and Jerry
6. In the ‘Peanuts’ cartoons, what is the name of the small, yellow bird who is Snoopy’s best friend?
7. Which animated family first appeared on U.S. television in 1962, but lived in the futuristic ‘Orbit City’ in the year 2062?
8. Jaga, Lion-O, Tygra and Panthro were characters appearing in which series?
9. On which street in Springfield do the Simpsons live?
10. Carl Fredricksen is the main character in which 2009 Disney Pixar film?
Quiz 45 – Round 4 – Food and Drink
This round is all about famous chefs and their restaurants. We will give you the name of a restaurant or restaurant chain, you need to give us the name of the celebrity chef associated with it.
1. Le Gavroche
Michel Roux Jr
3. Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
4. The Fat Duck Restaurant
5. The Seaside Restaurant (Padstow, Cornwall)
6. River Cottage
7. Yellows Bar & Grill (Norwich)
9. Imperial City
10. Kew Grill
Anthony Worrall Thompson
Quiz 45 – Round 5 – Art and Literature
1. Who wrote ‘The Great Gatsby’ and ‘This Side of Paradise’?
F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Which famous author was born Eric Arthur Blair, yet wrote under a pen-name?
3. In whose books did the detective Adam Dalgliesh appear?
4. In which Shakespeare play do the characters Rosencrantz and Guildenstern appear?
5. In Mary Norton’s book ‘The Borrowers’, what are the names of Arrietty’s parents?
Pod and Homily
6. In Jules Verne’s novel ‘Around the World in Eighty Days’, what is the name of the main character?
7. What are the names of Harry Potter’s aunt and uncle, with whom he lives at number 4 Privet Drive?
Vernon and Petunia Dursley
8. In which country was Salvador Dali born?
9. ‘The Scream’ is a name given to a series of paintings and pastels by Edvard Munch. How many pieces were in the series?
10. ‘Girl with A Pearl Earring’ is a famous work of art which hangs in the Mauritshuis Gallery in The Hague. Who painted it?
Quiz 45 – Round 6 – TV and Film
More TV characters this week. We will give you the name of a show and an actor who starred in it. You need to give us the character that he/she played.
1. Jennifer Saunders in ‘Friends’.
2. Hugh Laurie in ‘House’.
Dr. Gregory House
3. Patrick Murray in ‘Only Fools and Horses’.
4. Geoffrey Palmer in ‘Fawlty Towers’.
5. Phyllis Logan in ‘Downton Abbey’.
Mrs Elsie Hughes/Carson
6. Simon Pegg in ‘Spaced’.
7. Jack P. Shepherd in ‘Coronation Street’.
8. Leslie Ash in ‘Men Behaving Badly’.
9. Martin Sheen in ‘The West Wing’.
President Josiah ‘Jed’ Bartlet
10. David Duchovny in ‘The X-Files’.
Quiz 45 – Round 7 – General Knowledge
1. Who recorded the 1991 album ‘Caribbean Blue’?
2. What does the acronym RNLI stand for?
Royal National Lifeboat Institution
3. Which British political party was formed in 1934?
Scottish National Party
4. Torvill and Dean famously won Gold dancing to the Boléro – but who composed the music?
5. In which English county is Oswestry?
6. In which event did Sally Gunnell win a gold medal in the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona?
400 metre hurdles
7. Who painted ‘The Laughing Cavalier’?
8. In the television series Blackadder the Third, which famous actor plays the dictionary writer Dr. Samuel Johnson?
9. Name three people who have appeared as an ‘Egghead’ on the BBC quiz show. (First names sufficient)
Kevin Ashman, CJ De Mooi, Daphne Fowler, Chris Hughes, Judith Keppel, Barry Simmons, Pat Gibson, Lisa Thiel, Steve Cooke, Beth Webster and Dave Rainford.
10. True or false – the hardcore American rapper Ice-T was actually born with the name Tracy Marrow.