1. From which country does the doner kebab originate?
2. Who was the Greek god of the grape harvest, wine-making and wine?
3. In Indian cuisine, what is a ‘paratha’ (can also be spelled ‘parantha’ or ‘parauntha’)?
4. The Galloping Gourmet is known for his TV cooking show which started in 1969, but what is his real name?
5. What does a ‘barista’ do?
Prepares coffee (literally from the Italian for ‘bartender’)
6. If a menu offered ‘Irish coffee’ as a liqueur coffee with whisky, what would you expect to find added to the ‘Italian coffee’?
7. In the 1960s television cartoon ‘The Herbs’, what name was given to the owl?
8. Which spirit would you find in a ‘daiquiri’ cocktail?
9. In which country are Castello cheeses produced?
10. What type of fruit is a ‘catawba’?