Quiz 37 – Round 2 – Initials
1. What does the ‘A’ stand for in ‘A’ Level?
2. The two most common UK teaching unions are the NUT (National Union of Teachers) and the NASUWT. What does the latter stand for?
National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers
3. What does ASBO stand for?
Antisocial Behaviour Order
4. If someone were to gain an MFA at university, what would they be?
Master of Fine Art
5. The psychedelic drug of LSD is not abbreviated as one would expect, i.e. one word for each letter. If it were, it would be ‘LAD’. Do you know what it stands for?
Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
6. The CCU in a hospital is which department?
Coronary Care Unit
7. It has been recommended to store one number in your mobile phone under the name ICE; what does it stand for?
In Case of Emergency
8. In terms of illnesses, what does HIV stand for?
Human Immunodeficiency Virus
9. What does the S stand for in UNESCO?
Scientific (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation)
10. ‘Radar’ has been adopted into the English language as a real word, but originally it was an acronym; what did it stand for?
Radio Detection and Ranging