1. The Malbec grape principally makes which colour of wine?
2. ‘Volkswagen’ literally translates as what in English?
3. In boating terms, which is word is used for the left side of the boat when facing the bow?
4. What do the two ‘M’s stand for in the sweet brand M&M’s?
Mars & Murrie’s
5. Using the NATO phonetic alphabet, spell ‘quiz’.
Quebec, Uniform, India, Zulu
6. Which word can come before ‘dew’, ‘bike’ and ‘lion’ to make three new phrases?
7. England famously beat Germany 4-2 in the 1966 world cup final, but which two players were responsible for the four England goals?
Geoff Hurst (3) and Martin Peters (1)
8. What is the last book of the Old Testament?
9. Who is the only Wimbledon Singles Champion to hail from Croatia?
10. True or false: the femur is the longest bone in the human body?
True (It is the thigh bone, extending from the hip to the knee)
1 thought on “Quiz 36 – Round 7 – General Knowledge”