This week’s science and nature round is all about animals.
1. A leveret is the young of which animal?
2. What type of animals would you mainly find at WWT Slimbridge in Gloucestershire?
Birds/wildfowl (Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust)
3. What type of animal is Bagheera in ‘The Jungle Book’?
4. As of 2017 the Queen now has two corgis and two dorgis – can you name any of them?
Willow and Whisper are corgis and Vulcan and Candy are dorgis
5. How many humps does a Bactrian camel have?
6. There are two main types of hippo – one is a common, or river hippopotamus, what is the other?
7. What is the largest living species of lizard?
8. From which continent does the guinea pig originate?
9. How many digestive compartments does a cow’s stomach have? (It is often said that a cow has this many stomachs, although this is not technically correct)
10. Which fearsome-looking fish was also a hit for ‘Heart’ in 1977?