1. Which Italian artist painted ‘The Wedding at Cana’, hanging in The Louvre in Paris?
2. Which work of literature includes the character Arthur ‘Boo’ Radley?
To Kill A Mockingbird (by Harper Lee)
3. In the nursery rhyme ‘Jack and Jill’, what did Jack bind his head with?
Vinegar and brown paper
4. What is a ‘fandango’?
A type of Spanish dance
5. According to the bible, which animal did Noah release out of the ark first, when the rain stopped?
6. What was the name of Adrian’s love interest in Sue Townsend’s book ‘The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾ ‘?
7. In George Orwell’s ‘Animal Farm’, what kind of creatures are Napoleon and Snowball?
8. Which Mexican painter was married to Diego Rivera and had an affair with Leon Trotsky?
9. Of which art movement was Pablo Picasso the co-founder?
10. What were the first names of the Brothers Grimm?
Jacob and Wilhelm
To download the art and literature quiz as a PDF question paper for contestants (so that questions do not need to be read aloud), please click on the link below: