Don’t expect anything particularly highbrow – these questions are loosely based on politics…
1. A member of which pop band soaked John Prescott with a bucket of water at the 1998 Brit Awards?
2. Who was Britain’s youngest ever Prime Minister?
William Pitt the Younger (Age 24)
3. The faces of which four U.S. presidents are carved into the granite of Mount Rushmore?
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln
4. Margaret Thatcher became Prime Minister in 1979 – but who was the last Conservative Prime Minister before her?
Edward Heath (1970 – 1974)
5. And who was the last Liberal to hold the post of Prime Minister?
David Lloyd George (1916 – 1922)
6. The Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara was born in which country?
7. Which member of Adolf Hitler’s parliament held the post of ‘Minister for Public Enlightenment and Propaganda’ from 1933 to 1945?
8. Was Ronald Reagan a Democrat or a Republican?
9. Which former dictator of Chile was arrested in London in 1998 and at the time of his death in 2006 still had around 300 allegations pending against him?
10. The Treaty of Versailles was a peace settlement signed at the end of which war?
World War I