1. Who played the title character in the BBC series ‘Jonathan Creek’?
2. Who succeeded Henry II as King of England?
Richard I/Richard the Lionheart
3. John Gosden and Mark Johnston are prominent names in which sport?
Horse racing (trainers)
4. The logo for which popular app consists of a white telephone in a white speech bubble on a green background?
5. What was Baroness Thatcher’s middle name?
Hilda (Margaret Hilda Thatcher)
6. What is the name of the fourth book in the ‘Harry Potter’ series?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
7. Which is the first book of the Bible alphabetically?
Acts (of the Apostles – it could be argued that sometimes is is known with the word ‘the’ in front of it, which would make Amos the first – accept either or both as you see fit)
8. What is fifteen percent of two thousand?
9. Which film actor has commonly been nicknames ‘the Muscles from Brussels’?
Jean-Claude Van Damme
10. How many episodes of the UK version of ‘The Office’ were made?
14 (Two series of six episodes each plus two longer Christmas specials)