1. Which country of South America shares a land border with the most other countries?
Brazil (borders every other South American country except Ecuador and Chile)
2. Which line on a London underground map is coloured brown?
3. Bamako is the capital of which African country?
4. Which major river either passes through or touches the border of Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine?
5. Can you correctly spell the US state of Massachusetts?
6. Which historical region of Western Asia corresponds approximately with large parts of Iraq and Kuwait plus some of Saudi Arabia and Syria?
7. What is the capital of the Australian state of New South Wales?
8. In which country would you find the Lop Desert?
9. How was John F. Kennedy Airport known until it was renamed in memory of the former president in 1963?
10. Which two colours feature in St. Piran’s flag, the flag of Cornwall?
Black and white (a white cross on a black background)