1. Where in the human body would the limbic system be found?
In the brain
2. Which type of mammal is a gelada?
Monkey (Sometimes called bleeding-heart monkey and found only in Ethiopia)
3. Which part of the body is affected by Gorham’s Disease?
4. What is the collective noun used for a group of grasshoppers?
5. Of what is phonology the study?
Sounds (within a language and across languages – accept all reasonable answers)
6. “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.” Whose third law is this?
Sir Isaac Newton
7. The MMR vaccine protects against which three diseases?
Measles, mumps and rubella (German measles)
8. Which two letters of the alphabet make up the chemical symbol for mercury?
9. An ‘epiphyte’ is an organism that grows on the surface of what?
A plant (Eg. moss or lichens)
10. A ‘light breeze’ of between 4 and 7 miles per hour would read as which number on the Beaufort Wind Force scale?
2 (0 = calm, 12 = hurricane)