1. Which actor portrayed Samuel Johnson, writer of the first dictionary, in Blackadder the Third?
2. What are the three given names of Prince George of Cambridge?
George Alexander Louis
3. Which English author created the priest-detective ‘Father Brown’?
4. “Man, it’s a hot one, like seven inches from the midday sun…” These are the opening lyrics of which 1999 hit?
Smooth – Santana
5. BHD is the IATA code for which UK airport?
George Best Belfast City Airport
6. Who stood in as host on the first episode of Have I Got News For You following Angus Deayton’s departure in 2002?
7. How much is the purchase price of Old Kent Road in the London version of Monopoly?
8. Who is the alter-ego of Sir Percy Blakeney?
The Scarlet Pimpernel
9. Who was the sixth wife of Henry VIII?
10. In which century was William Shakespeare born?
16th century (1564)
To download the quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the grey link below: