1. In which year did Blondie have a number one hit in the UK with ‘Heart of Glass’?
2. Which brother was the youngest member of the Bee Gees?
Maurice Gibb (younger than his twin, Robin, by 35 minutes)
3. Which Swedish pop group had a UK number one hit with ‘Cotton Eye Joe’ in 1995?
4. Name the widow of Nirvana lead singer Kurt Cobain.
5. In Lou Reed’s ‘Walk on the Wild Side’, who ‘thought she was James Dean for a day’?
Jackie (Jackie is just speeding away, thought she was James Dean for a day.)
6. Which 1991 single by P.M. Dawn used samples of Spandau Ballet’s ‘True’?
Set Adrift on Memory Bliss
7. Which American singer has recorded albums entitled ‘One of the Boys’, ‘Prism’ and ‘Teenage Dream’?
8. Who kept Ultravox’s ‘Vienna’ off the top spot in the UK in 1981 with the novelty song ‘Shaddap You Face’?
Joe Dolce (Known at the time as ‘Joe Dolce Music Theatre’)
9. Which female singer’s name is an anagram of ‘Presbyterians’?
10. How many studio albums were released in the UK by the Beatles?
Twelve (Please Please Me, With the Beatles, A Hard Day’s Night, Beatles For Sale, Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The Beatles, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let it Be)
To download the Music Quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the grey box below: