1. In which part of the human body would you find the atlas bone?
2. Which planet in our solar system is farthest from the sun?
Neptune (Pluto is no longer considered a planet)
3. Which chemical element has the symbol Cr?
4. ‘Yukon Gold’ and ‘Russian Banana’ are both varieties of which foodstuff?
5. Which noun is used for a ferret under one year old?
6. Of what is ‘cynophobia’ a fear?
7. Which famous American is generally credited with the invention of the bifocal spectacles?
8. What was the name of the first spacecraft to reach the surface of the moon in 1959?
Luna 2 (Lunik 2. Apollo 11 in 1969 was the first manned mission)
9. Of what is ‘epistemology’ the study?
10. What does GIF stand for, a type of compressed, static or animated image file?
Graphics Interchange Format
To download the science and nature quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the grey box below: