1. In which century did 10 Downing Street become the official residence of the Prime Minister of Great Britain?
18th century (1735 – https://www.gov.uk/government/history/10-downing-street)
2. Which nationality was the polar explorer Roald Amundsen?
3. Which year marked the end of British rule on the Indian subcontinent?
4. Which Apollo mission allowed Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to walk on the moon?
5. How many times was the Summer Olympic Games hosted in the United Kingdom during the twentieth century?
Twice (London in 1908 and 1948 – It was due to be hosted in London in 1944 but was cancelled due to the war)
6. Who was the first female Prime Minister of Australia?
Julia Gillard (2010-2013)
7. From which country did Algeria gain independence in 1962?
8. Three members of the House of York became Kings of England. Can you name two?
Two of: Edward IV, Edward V and Richard III
9. In which US city is Ford’s Theatre, where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in April 1865?
10. Which English explorer was executed in 1618, fifteen year after being found guilty of conspiracy against King James I of England and VI of Scotland?
Sir Walter Raleigh