1. The Colorado Beetle is a major pest of which type of crop?
2. Rose gold gains its colour from adding which metal to the gold?
Copper (Silver is also sometimes added to the alloy, but the rose colour is gained by the addition of copper)
3. Myopia is the technical term for which condition of the human eye?
4. What fraction of a second is a microsecond?
One millionth of a second
5. Where on the body of a horse would you find the gaskin?
On the hind leg (muscular part between the stifle and the hock)
6. What would a woman be suffering from if she had hirsutism?
Excess hair growth
7. In mathematics, what is the value of π (pi) to two decimal places?
8. Approximately what percentage of the Earth’s surface is covered by water: 61%, 71% or 81%?
9. What is the two-letter symbol used to signify the element of iron?
10. The Beaufort Wind Force Scale ranges from zero up to which number, representing a hurricane?