1. On which of the planets in our solar system would you weigh the most?
Jupiter (2.34 times your weight on Earth)
2. In which part of the human body does mydriasis occur?
The eye (name for the dilation of the pupil)
3. How many molar teeth are in a fully-developed adult’s mouth?
12 (including 4 wisdom teeth)
4. Do sound waves travel faster through water or through steel?
Steel (over 3 times as fast)
5. Where in the human body would you find the soleus muscle?
In the leg (back of the calf)
6. The French inventor Joseph-Marie Jacquard revolutionized the textile industry when he developed a programmable version of what type of machine in 1804?
Loom (Jacquard loom)
7. Who won both the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1903 and the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1911?
8. What does ADHD stand for?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
9. The genus ‘Quercus’ is the scientific term for which type of tree?
10. The chemical element fermium (Fm) was named after which Italian-American physicist?
Enrico Fermi (creator of the world’s first nuclear reactor)