Food and Drink trivia quiz – ten questions and answers on the topic of food and drink.
1. Bagna càuda is a dish of garlic, anchovies, olive oil and butter which originates from which country?
2. At what age may you legally purchase alcohol in France?
18 (was 16 for wine and beer until 2009 but now 18 for all alcohol)
3. From which country does Gouda cheese originate?
4. What are the full names of TV’s two ‘Hairy Bikers’? (or Hairy Dieters!)
Simon ‘Si’ King and Dave Myers
5. From which country did Merlot wine first originate?
6. ‘The Botanist’, ‘Monkey 47’ and ‘Opihr’ are all brands of which spirit?
7. What is the national dish of Jamaica?
Ackee and Saltfish
8. ‘Warwickshire Drooper’, ‘Mirabelle’ and ‘Belle de Louvain’ are all varieties of which fruit?
9. Which type of pastry is used in a Cornish Pasty?
10. What do Americans call fresh coriander?
Cilantro (sometimes also known as Chinese parsley or Mexican parsley)
To download the food and drink trivia quiz as a PDF contestant question paper (with printed questions plus spaces for contestant answers) please click on the grey link below: