Music Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Who had a number 11 hit in the UK in 1985 with “Lipstick, Powder and Paint”?
2. What are the first names of the Fairbrass brothers known as ‘Right Said Fred’?
Fred and Richard
3. What was the title of Madonna’s debut album?
4. Which of Ed Sheeran’s singles was the first to reach the number one spot in the UK?
5. In which month does the “Last Night of the Proms” take place?
September (Usually the second Saturday)
6. In which US state was Elvis Presley born?
Mississippi (He relocated to Memphis, Tennessee when he was 13 years old)
7. A string quartet consists of four musicians, but which instruments do they traditionally play?
Two violins, a viola and a cello
8. Who was the lead singer of 60s rock band ‘The Troggs’?
9. Which band had a 1994 number one single with a cover version of a Troggs song after it was made famous in the film ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ and what was that song called?
Wet Wet Wet – Love is All Around
10. Who recorded the theme music to the 2015 James Bond film ‘Spectre’?
Sam Smith (Writing’s on the Wall)
To download the music pub quiz questions and answers as a printed PDF question paper, please click on the grey link below: