1. Where on the body would you wear a mantilla?
Over the head (and shoulders – a type of silk scarf, mostly worn in Spain)
2. According to the proverb, what is ‘in the detail’?
The devil (The devil is in the detail)
3. Which is the last sign of the zodiac alphabetically?
4. What is the scientific name for caustic soda?
5. What was the name of the last film to be directed by Stanley Kubrick?
Eyes Wide Shut
6. Who was the first monarch in the house of Hanover?
7. DLXVII is what number in Roman numerals?
8. A griffin (or gryphon) is a mythical creature formed from which two animals?
A lion and an eagle (Body, tail and back legs of a lion, head and wings of an eagle)
9. What is the capital of the Australian state of Queensland?
10. In which 2008 film did Kate Winslet win an Oscar for her portrayal of fictitious war criminal Hanna Schmitz?