1. From which US state does the dish ‘Jambalaya’ originate?
2. Which gas is produced when bread is baked and the yeast converts the fermentable sugars present in the dough?
3. Which cocktail is made by mixing Scotch whisky and Drambuie?
4. A standard Champagne bottle contains 750ml – How much Champagne can be held in a Nebuchadnezzar?
15 litres (15,000ml or 1500cl – Equivalent to 20 standard bottles)
5. Fuji, Honeycrisp and Cripps Pink are varieties of which fruit?
6. Which type of food is called a ‘Zwiebel’ in German?
7. What type of food is a ‘durian’?
A fruit (Spiky fruit with a strong odour)
8. Which drink has been marketed with the slogan “Live Young”?
9. Which fruit was the title of a number 8 UK hit for a band called ‘The Presidents of the United States of America’ in 1996?
10. If a sparkling wine bottle is marked as ‘Brut’ what does this mean?