1. Who was the Poet Laureate between May 1999 and May 2009?
2. According to Douglas Adams’ ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’, what is the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything?
3. In which Charles Dickens novel do the characters of Esther Summerson and Mr John Jarndyce feature?
4. Which English cartoonist, illustrator and children’s writer is best-known for illustrating Roald Dahl’s books?
5. Which two primary colours could you mix together to make purple when painting?
Red and blue
6. Which American author published his fourth novel, ‘The Sound and the Fury’, in 1929?
7. Paul Cézanne, Paul Gaugin, Vincent Van Gogh and Georges Seurat were the four major figures of which art movement?
8. Who wrote the 1997 historical novel ‘Memoirs of a Geisha’, which was later turned into a film of the same name?
9. Which English children’s author has published many books, including ‘Wave Me Goodbye’, ‘The Mum-Minder’ and ‘Lizzie Zipmouth’?
10. What is the name on the girl who is the ‘Worst Witch’ in Jill Murphy’s books of the same name?