Food and Drink Pub Quiz Questions
1. If a dish is described as ‘à la Florentine’ which vegetable would you expect to find in it?
2. What colour is a ripened kumquat?
3. What does CAMRA stand for?
Campaign for Real Ale
4. ‘Cremini’, ‘morel’ and ‘enoki’ are all types of what?
5. Which beverage has been marketed with the slogan ‘Great Taste, Zero Sugar’?
6. In which English county is the pub retailer and brewer ‘Greene King’ based?
Suffolk (Bury St. Edmunds)
7. Which type of pastry is used in a chocolate éclair?
8. In the ‘5:2’ diet, how many calories does a woman reduce her intake to for two days a week?
500 (600 for men)
9. Which cocktail is traditionally made with cognac, orange liqueur and lemon juice?
10. To the nearest hundred, how many calories are there in a McDonalds Big Mac?
500 (508 according to the UK McDonalds nutrition calculator http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/content/ukhome/meal_builder.html)
To download the food and drink pub quiz as a contestant question paper, with questions only plus spaces for contestant answers, please click on the grey box below: