1. The highest ever football transfer fee, as of the end of the transfer window in 2016, was $105 million (£89.3 million). For which player was this sum paid?
Paul Pogba (on his return to Manchester United)
2. Which type of animal was the mascot for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil?
An armadillo (named Fuleco)
3. What is the maximum amount time a golf player may take to look for a lost ball?
4. How many points in basketball is a successful ‘free throw’ worth?
One point (An unopposed attempt to score, usually following a foul)
5. How many points is a green ball worth in snooker?
6. How many players may one ice hockey team have on the ice at one time?
Six (One in goal and five skaters)
7. Which American former boxer, who competed between 1977 and 2006, was known as ‘The Hitman’?
8. In which year was beach volleyball introduced as an official Olympic sport?
9. How many ‘frames’ are played in a game of ten-pin bowling?
10. How many players are there on a men’s field lacrosse team?